In case you missed it, here is the monthly news wrap up with links to all the latest:
- June 5th-7th. Nicole Westerdahl, Reference and Access Services Librarian, recently completed her year as New York Archives Conference (NYAC) Co-Chair/Local Arrangements Chair for the 2019 conference. The conference was held at St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY from June 5th-7th and celebrated NYAC’s 50th year. Join us in thanking Nicole for her year of hard work contributing to the profession.
- June and July in the Special Collections Research Center change pace as many of our staff travel for professional development opportunities. SCRC staff have recently represented Syracuse University at the Association for Recorded Sound Conference, the American Library Association’s Rare Books and Manuscripts Section conference, and The Society of American Archivists conference.
Newly processed collections:
- Special Collections. Leonard Casper Papers, Filipino literature critic; Rico Lebrun Collection, Italian artist; Helen and Sydney Stringer Correspondence, World War II correspondence; Colleen Weissner Papers, adult education.
- University Archives. Mary Luella Masters Scrapbook, SU alumni; Pi Mu Epsilon (Syracuse University Chapter) Records; Sigma Nu (Syracuse University Chapter) Records.
News and Mentions:
- July 2019 The team in the Belfer Audio Archives digitized a new selection of moon/lunar related tracks that you can hear in this month’s Sound Beat podcast episodes.
- The Sesquicentennial Exhibit, “150 Years of Tradition at Syracuse University” will have its debut at a reception on September 5, 2019.
Highlight from July Social Media:
View this post on Instagram
"Dive in" to the newest Special Collections acquisition: the Jantzen Swimwear Advertising Portfolio ??♀️ Thanks to their stylish Hollywood advertising and popular "Diving Girl" logo, Jantzen was one of the world's most recognized trademarks in the 1930s and 40s! Explore the collections at library.syr.edu/scrc