The records for the Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs) submitted by the Graduate School for Spring 2021 have been processed and loaded into SURFACE, Syracuse University’s Institutional Repository. These include 79 submissions from 27 different departments, including:
African American Studies (1); Anthropology (1); Art (12); Biology (2); Biomedical and Chemical Engineering (4); Chemistry (1); Civil and Environmental Engineering (1); Communication and Rhetorical Studies (3); Earth Sciences (2); Economics (4); Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (10); Finance (1); History (2); Marriage and Family Therapy (2); Mass Communications (1); Mathematics (4); Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (2); Media Studies (3); Nutrition Science and Dietetics (1); Philosophy (1); Physics (1); Political Science (3); Psychology (7); Public Administration (1); Public Relations (1); Religion (3); and Teaching and Leadership (5).
In Spring 2021:
- Forty-two dissertations were submitted and their records are available at: https://surface.syr.edu/etd/.
- Forty-one dissertations were submitted as Open Access (OA) publications, thirty of which are currently available for download on SURFACE. Eleven additional dissertations will be available after an embargo period.
- One additional dissertations was submitted but is only available by subscription through ProQuest, though their records are available in SURFACE.
- The Open Access rate for dissertations this spring exceeded 97%.
- Thirty-seven graduate theses were submitted and their records are available at https://surface.syr.edu/thesis/.
- Thirty-five theses were submitted as Open Access publications, thirty-one of which are currently available for download on SURFACE. Four additional theses will be available after an embargo period.
- Two additional theses were submitted but are only available by subscription through ProQuest, though their records are available in SURFACE.
- The Open Access rate for theses was over 94%.
- The overall Open Access rate for all dissertations and theses was approximately 96%.
Note: Spring 2021 represents our highest opt-in rate for Open Access publication in the last four years.
For anyone desiring additional information at either the departmental or school/college level, please contact the SURFACE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.